Submit Your Music
Thank you for wanting to offer your music to the Radio Free Texas community.
The Rowdies are the most die-hard Texas Music fans that you will ever come across. Together, you as an artist and them as fans are complimentary parts of our mission:
Giving artists a voice and listeners a choice.
By sending us your music, you have a chance to become a part of this community.
Here are the steps to get you started:
Join The Community
If you have not already created an account on Radio Free Texas, then do so by clicking ‘Register’. Being a part of the community and having an account here is also a prerequisite for playing RFT events.
What We Accept
We accept a wide range of music. We are not strictly Texas “Country”. We are Texas Music. If you want an idea of what we play, fire up the stream and listen for an hour then ask yourself, “Do I fit here?”
That being said, here are our general criteria for deciding whether or not you’ll be added.
- We only accept music directly from the artist or the artist’s management. No fan submissions.
- The artist must live in Texas OR be from Texas OR tour primarily in Texas OR be a substantial influence on many of the existing RFT artists OR be someone that we seriously dig.
- The music must be in a decently produced format. We’ve accepted board tapes and songs recorded in a bedroom before. That’s because the listeners couldn’t tell. We’ve also rejected albums and songs recorded in a studio but sounded like they were produced by a pack of drunken lemurs. That’s because the listeners would have shown up at the Off-White House with torches and pitchforks. In other words, rough is cool. Gitmo-style interrogation by music is not.
- An artist has to have 90% or more original material. A cover or two is cool but we are about original music. If I wanted to hear an album of Britney Spears covers, I’d just go throw myself off a bridge. The one, and only one, exception to this rule, is if you are covering someone who is already an RFT artist.
That’s it. Now move on to the next step.
Put Your CD In The Mail
This is the primary method for artists just now getting their music on RFT. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS FROM ARTISTS THAT ARE NOT ALREADY ON THE RFT PLAYLIST. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You can send your CD to:
Radio Free Texas
PO Box 167
Nederland, TX 77627
This is what it must include:
- A CD that is created in a readable audio format. In other words, I can put it in any audio CD player and hear the music.
- A legible list of the song titles that is not written on the CD.
- A legible list of songwriter credits for each song.
- A digital version of your album art or a note on where we can get the album art online. If your submission doesn’t include the album art, then we’ll do what we can to find it. Otherwise, you get the RFT logo.
We look forward to hearing your music and having you as part of the community.